Highlighted

Zip Files

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When try uploading my zip file to my LMS system it is giving me an error message stating that it the file is invalid. When I test it on https://rusticisoftware.com/products/scorm-cloud/ it's saying that there isn't a course in the zip file. Anyone know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zip Files

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When try uploading my zip file to my LMS system it is giving me an error message stating that it the file is invalid. When I test it on https://rusticisoftware.com/products/scorm-cloud/ it's saying that there isn't a course in the zip file. Anyone know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual reason for this error is either that you did not configure the course publishing options to create a SCORM course (under Course Reporting) or else you did not create the zip file archive properly.  You should let Captivate create the zip file using the checkbox provided in the Publish dialog.  If you just zip the folder containing the course published output and try to upload that zip file to the LMS it will not be able to find the imsmanifest.xml file at the root level of the zip archive.

So, which if these seems to be more likely in your case?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do let captivate create the zip file. I didn't do anything different from what I usually do, but I can't seem to figure out why it's saying this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference between checking the 'Zip files' option in the Publishing dialog box, and creating a Scorm compliant course (SCO). For the last you need to set up Reporting under Quiz Preferences even if you don't have a quiz. If you do that, that option (Zip) will automatically be selected. The created zipped folder will contain all the necessary files needed for a SCO which is not the case when you just check the zip option. Maybe post a screenshot of the files in your zipped folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0