Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom in on software simulation

Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Captivate 2019 and want to zoom in on a hard-to-see section of the UI in a software simulation. I've read directions on Adobe's site and haven't found accurate instructions. What is the correct way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When setting up the Software Simulation to record, there is a pan/zoom option. Can you tell if you are talking about  Demonstration, Training or Assessment mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are creating a video demo recording (.cpvc file) you can use the zoom in / out feature in the Video Effects Panel. 

Unlike Storyline, if you are doing traditional screen capture i.e. demo mode, (.cptx file) there is no built in object in Captivate to zoom in and then out. So you can always do a screen grab and place it on a slide (enlarged view using Photoshop and crop to area you want zoomed) and then add your own mouse movements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In in the traditional demo mode so I'll just create a SnagIt capture as a substitute. Thanks. I hope Adobe has this function in their development plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is pure demo I sincerely recommend to use Video Demo, not Software simulation. You have a rather complete editor which allows (non-destructuve) editing, including pan and zoom features which can be done after recording.

Moreover you can convert the result after publishing into an interactive video. In this blog you can find an exa     mple:

Custom Play/Pause button - version CP2019 - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources