• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom object--zoom out instead of in

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello; I would like to zoom into an object for a few seconds at the beginning of the slide, and then zoom out to show the scope of my object.

So I set the zoom source as almost the whole slide, and the zoom destination to be the small component size.  The Zoom Appears at 0 seconds and Zoom For at 4 seconds.

I was hoping that Captivate would interpret this as zooming out at 4 seconds.  But it doesn't do anything on playing.

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

OK, you didn't mention that at the start.

Effects are all applied to objects with reference to the 'registration point' which is the center of the surrounding bounding box. There si no way (too bad) to move that registration point. Have logged that feature request multiple times, about to give up.

However, if you are not in a Fluid Boxes project where grouping is impossible, you could try the tweaking which I described in a blog post, using a twin ghost object:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/03/cheat-with-reference-points/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? Zoom object only allows a "zoom in', not a zoom out. This is perfectly possible in a video demo, but I suppose you are talking about a normal project (cptx). You can combine Scale effects to get the correct result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply.  I am using Captivate 10.

I tried using the Scale effects, but the shrinking happened symmetrically.  I have a bell curve, so I want it to shrink with the bottom fixed to the baseline.  I can't find a way to control how it shrinks with that tool.

If you know of a way, I would appreciate it.

And, yes, I'm in a cptx project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, you didn't mention that at the start.

Effects are all applied to objects with reference to the 'registration point' which is the center of the surrounding bounding box. There si no way (too bad) to move that registration point. Have logged that feature request multiple times, about to give up.

However, if you are not in a Fluid Boxes project where grouping is impossible, you could try the tweaking which I described in a blog post, using a twin ghost object:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2017/03/cheat-with-reference-points/

That post is for the rotate effect, but you can translate to your situation without any doubt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  The rotation trick in the article is quite clever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe I will add your use case as well. I have given up the hope that we will ever be able to move the reference point. It is even more annoying that Align, or resizing with shortcut keys is using the left top point of the bounding box as reference point, while the effects use the center point of the bounding box of the object or the group. You know that it is still not possible to combine effects on a group with individual effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources