• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Addition of a new layer in PSD does not reflect in Character Animator duplicate layers

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been trying to shorten the rigging time by only having right three quarter folder layer in the PSD then used the Edit --> Duplicate command to make a duplicate of the folder layer to create its flipped side. The issue I run into is that when I open the source PSD in Photoshop then add a new layer to the original folder layer, the new layer only gets added to the original folder but not to the duplicate folders. It will be nice if the duplicated folders also receive the new layers added to the source PSD file.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to add another issue that is related to the one above. Say you have a sequential drawings named 1 and 2 inside a layer folder. After you duplicated the folder in Character Animator, you realized that the sequential order was wrong. So you changed the stacking order of the drawings then swapped the names in Photoshop. In Character Animator, this change gets applied correctly on the original folder. However on the duplicate folder, you now have the two same drawings that was originally named 1. At this point you've lost the drawing that was originally named 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources