Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion library: Lower limb body and IK behaviors must be on the same layer

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, good afternoon!

I created my character, I did the rigging, I did all the tutorials and even then the movement library doesn't work, this message appears:

Motion library: lower limb body and IK behaviors must be on the same layer

How do I make library moves work on my character?

TOPICS
Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for trying out Motion Library!

First, let's go through how example puppets here are set up.

Here is Hopscotch:

jsaito_0-1662744334087.png

After importing Hopscotch.puppet, 1. go to the rig mode, 2. click the top layer, and then 3. take a look at the behaviors attached to this layer. For Motion Library to work, it must be accompanied by Body behavior and Limb IK behavior set at the same layer, as in this image.

Let's take a look at Friday:

jsaito_1-1662744754908.png

After importing Friday.puppet, 1. go to the rig mode, 2. click the "Puppet" layer, and then 3. take a look at the behaviors attached to this layer. Again, Motion Library, Body, and Limb IK behaviors are set at the same layer. Friday has these behaviors at the "Puppet" layer because the puppet includes a background. You can place these behaviors at the top layer, but this will result in the background moving with Friday if animated with Motion Library.

If you are OK sharing your puppet, I can give you more specific help. This forum does not allow you to upload .puppet directly but people have used Creative Cloud file sharing links and Dropbox links to share puppets here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey J,

I have a few minor issues with the motion library on my complex custom puppet. It's almost perfect, just so close I think. Can I send it to you via Creative Cloud or Dropbox link? I don't mind sharing at all was thinking allowing free download once I think it's where it should be as far as with rigging origina and such...8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please go ahead and DM me the link to your puppet.

Now that Motion Library is officially in the release app, I may ask you to repost your rigging question to the CH release app forum here, and I will follow up with rigging guidance so the rest of the community will benefit from your specific case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I need help with this same issue as well can I send puppet for review. I only want arm gestures such as waving and don't have leg movement for this character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this message as well, and I don't have a project far enough to send for review. I just want to know what "Motion Library: Body and Limb IK behaviors must be on the same layer" means and an example of how to fix it (I need to understand why I keep getting this message).  I saw the image with Friday as a sample having those behaviors listed together (Motion Library, Body, and Limb IK) at the puppet level. But when I tried it, I just added more iterations of what was already there (i.e., now I have Motion Library in there 3 times). I keep starting new projects trying to clear out the mistakes I'm making, and I just want to add a wave to my character on the timeline.  I started with Blank puppet that I downloaded from Okay Samuri, and changed the torso layer, but basically everything is the same...  The Adobe Character Animator videos are WAY too long and complicated for a beginner. The Motion Library video has a thousand ways to add tapdancing, but doesn't give a clear understanding of walking through adding a single simple motion from the Motion Library to a puppet at the right level and then adding that to the timeline. It seems more like an add for features to an expert.  The tutorials need to be shorter, focus on one thing, be clearly titled, and presented in an organized way that builds structured understanding. Any thoughts on how to get some basic, clear instruction on getting started? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources