Copy link to clipboard
I worked on Macbook, and I needed to switch to a desktop computer, so I uploaded all the files I used, also in the same folder structure to the Google Drive. When I downloaded and opened the project this message appeared:
If you can privately send me a link to a zip of the Ch Data/repo.noindex subfolder of the project, I can see if I can fix it. With projects in legacy formats, this usually means a missing or damaged file in the refs folder. If that's all it is and the main project database is intact I should be able to fix it. Newer format projects don't usually have this problem because the single append only file format is much more bulletproof.
The man never responded.
Sorry, looks like it came in Friday and I didn't see it before I wrapped up for the weekend (it was early enough, but notifications come via email and the afternoon was all spent in a different communication medium). Unfortunately, it looks like what happens when the project is zipped up or copied while it is open in Character Animator and it is missing the main database file that has all the project data in it (it would be named odb.sqlite3 or projectdata.rope). 😔If you still have the original copy on the other computer, I'd look to see if a file with one of those names is still there. Also, if it has the odb.sqlite3 name, make sure you get similarly named files in the same folder (-wal in the name especially). If it has the sqlite3 name, it's in the old format and you may want to run "Save As" to make a new project with the same contents (note that "Save As" discards the persistent undo history and just keeps the latest content, so do that part when you're at a good checkpoint and you won't need to access the history).
There is no odb.sqlite3, also the main.txt (which I read somewhere is needed, and can be added manually) in final-edit\Ch Data\repo.noindex\refs\heads is missing. I have uploaded the exact same .zip to my drive and sent you the link in private message. You should be able to download it from there.
The link in the private message was to a folder where the main project database was missing. If you can find that file on the original machine (the Macbook) we can probably put it back together. The "main" file from the refs/heads folder can also be reconstructed by finding the most recent step in the database, but without the database file (either odb.sqlite3 or projectdata.rope), there is nothing to reconstruct it from.
I figured it out. Thanks a lot. The problem was probably due to Google Drive. The algorithm won't let you download a file without automatically zipping it. So we checked the content of each folder on Mac, and realized there was a ton of folders and files missing, due to compression, which obviously isn't lossless. So I downloaded each folder separately and double-checked the content. After some manual putting together the project opened regularly.
Yay! Glad you got it figured out and it is intact again. 😅