Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 problems: "Warning: Is project... already open and?" and closing program

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Today I've downloaded a trial version of Adobe Character Animator CC 2019 and I experienced two errors with whom I can't even start to work.

When I first opened the app everything was fine. I've watched sample video tutorial in "start" menu - I could move sample puppets and lip-syncing them. I could also opened  characterizer and some sample puppets.

When I open the program it’s not opening on „start menu” but I see 2 errors like this:

1. 1. „WARNING: is project: „[name of the project]” already open?

Opening a project on one computer at a time can corrupt the project. A crash can also leave a project open, in which case opening the project should be safe.

Open Anyway / Cancel”

I also realized that every time I try to open and I see this message, name of the project has different number (so it looks like every new opening creates a new project, and now I have 16 projects that I haven’t created).

1. 2. Sometimes I don’t see warning from 1, but  it opens on something which look like an empty project. I am clicking start and then:

- app is closing without any warning

- i can see start screen and I can choose sample puppet. When I click on any of them sometimes it works and sometimes app is closing again without any warning like: „program stopped working”.

I can’t also open sample files from classes that I took (program is closing them without any warning) or I can, but it looks broken.

Everything is unpredictable.

Last week I also downladed a trial version of an Adobe Illustrator and I haven’t had any problems with this program. I learned basic functions, everything was working fine, although I had to update Nvidia GeForce Expirience because I couldn’t open outline view. But after that it worked.

Next week I want to buy all Adobe apps, but I have to be sure, that everything will work fine without crashes. Now I can’t even start to open it properly…

Informations about my computer:

Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

16 GB RAM

Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz

64 bit

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-51

Things that I’ve already done and it didn’t work:

1. I restarted my computer
  2. I logged out and logged in to Adobe
  3. I updated NVIDIA Geforce Experience
  4. One time I opened Adobe Character with pressed Shift and I didn’t see warning message, but without Shift it still pops up and I still had problems with closing program.
  5. I deleted „temp.noindex” folder from Ch Data with temporary files I think, but I didn’t see any differnence. I read about it here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2458565?fbclid=IwAR0OLtfdfEBbkW1u_IeKpmLW_w8Z5GSY65dEn7FkowOgDAfDaHq... but I’m first day in Adobe Character and I don’t understand in 100% what they’re talking about.

Can anyone help me? I have no idea what could I do next…

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Looks like NVIDIA released an update (425.31): Drivers | GeForce

I don't see our bug number in the list, but maybe it was the same underlying issue as one of the other crashes. My teammate (who had a machine that a crash that we believe is the same) evaluated 425.15, so I think 425.31 includes the fix.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll be wait and check this thread for updates! If future upgrade will fix it I will mark this thread as solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update of program and update of nvidia it still doesn't work. I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am disappointed as well. We'll need to check with our NVIDIA contacts again and try to get more information on the problem. The mini dumps we receive with crashes in their DLL are hard to do much diagnosis on without their symbols.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like NVIDIA released an update (425.31): Drivers | GeForce

I don't see our bug number in the list, but maybe it was the same underlying issue as one of the other crashes. My teammate (who had a machine that a crash that we believe is the same) evaluated 425.15, so I think 425.31 includes the fix.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update!  Seems to be working great after updating NVIDIA drivers and Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for help it finally works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines