• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 'view' character of bumble bee, left, standing, right, all 3 views show up in scene

Contributor ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 'view' character of bumble bee, left, standing, right, all 3 views show up in scene...have designated left right and standing tags

file attached

Why do all 3 show up at same time...I am using the 'draggable' feature to move the bee around the scene

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To share a puppet, it is better to use "Export Puppet" from the menus. This creates a .puppet file that includes all the rigging. The PSD file does not show any of the rigging you used.

Do you want to use a swap set with triggers or a head turner behavior or walk behavior to switch between the profiles? E.g. with a Head Turner behavior you normally call the left and right "Left Profile" and "Right Profile" and turn off the eyeball so they are hidden. You have to add the behavior yourself (its not on the puppet by default). The first child can stay as "Standing". The same tags are for the walk behavior by the way, which you could use instead if more appropriate.

If you are using a swapset, it does not matter what the layers are called. E.g. I clicked in Rigging the last column for "Bee v1" and picked "swapset" from the menu tha appeared. I then went over to the Trigger area and added L and R for the side profiles, making the first ("standing") the default.

alank99101739_0-1590120524548.png

The swapset makes it display only one of the three triggered layers at a time (Standing by default). Pressing L and R makes it display the other two profiles. But you might want to use Head Turner instead maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you for taking time to help me and the tip about supplying the puppet file instead...

I am going right now to try out your recommendations, I just wanted let you know how much I appreciated your help!

Will let you know how things 'swap out'

MarkInMN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to take a moment and thank you again for sharing...It works beeeebeautifu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines