• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A good site to find puppets or animators using character animator.

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since character animator is pretty new it's hard to find people dabbling in it.  With everything going on my employees haven't found the time to fully learn it yet.  But we would still like to use it as part of our videos. Is there any recommendations of people already creating pre-made puppets or using character animator on a regular basis?  The only one I found is GraphicMama.  Any recommendations are welcome, other than posting to a generic job site.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

I'm currently in the process of Graphic Mama creating 10 puppets for me. I am very satisfied. I am animating children's songs, so I needed puppets that don't look like Barbie Dolls and aren't sexy. I looked at other sites, but quite frankly, Graphic Mama's graphics I think are far superior to any I have seen.

I used a combination of their puppets to create many of "my own." I used a head here, a body there, shoes another place, etc. etc. etc. I can't draw and certainly don't have the expertise t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a number of puppets, including some from Dave Okay Samurai Puppets. No advice on people - but surely this is the right forum if you want people in the industry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah,  I am aware of Okay Samurai. , but he never puts links of the people he features in his video.  So it's hard to reach out.  I swear you gotta be a detective sometimes to find decent talent. Find a good video online and then tray to backtrack to their official site.  I've done the job sites like upwork and stuff, but a majority lack the skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently in the process of Graphic Mama creating 10 puppets for me. I am very satisfied. I am animating children's songs, so I needed puppets that don't look like Barbie Dolls and aren't sexy. I looked at other sites, but quite frankly, Graphic Mama's graphics I think are far superior to any I have seen.

I used a combination of their puppets to create many of "my own." I used a head here, a body there, shoes another place, etc. etc. etc. I can't draw and certainly don't have the expertise they have with graphic design.

I was completely new to CA, so it has been a steep learning curve for me. And some of the issues with the puppets are not their fault, but are still the issues with the programs. I've found their English(their out of Bulgaria) to be excellent and the customer service has been wonderful. I thought their prices have been reasonable. We are still working out the kinks in some of the puppets. They have worked hard on creating effective bendable arms.

I can't say enough positive things about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I just sent them a message for a quote for 4 characters.  waiting on a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good day! I make puppets from ready-made photoshop or illustrator assets (better photoshop - I'm more used to it). Contact by mail vervslet@gmail.com Andrey Just send a character drawing on 1 (or several) layers (regular drawing) - I will make a ready-made puppet for animation into a character animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines