• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ability to Open Multiple Instances

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to open more than one instance of Adobe Character Animator on one PC?  

I've found methods of adding "-m" to the end of the .exe shortcut (doesn't work), and am wondering if there's another way.

I'd like to run multiple puppets in real time without using LDI and requiring multiple computers.  This appears possible by routing virtual cameras/audio to multiple instances rather than requiring two people with two computers.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try --multi (this is only needed on Windows; on macOS you can already launch more than one instance via the command line). Warning: we don’t test the app this way, and you should make sure each instance has a different project open otherwise any changes to the project will conflict between the instances. You can pass the path to the project on the command line to prevent it opening the most-recently-opened project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works, thank you. I tried a 3rd party app (Sandboxie) which allows multiple instances and doesn't have issues opening the same project multiple times.  Looks like both will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines