• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acquavella Illustration and file structure basics question...

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question...why does Acquavella have right and left profile inside the frontal group as well as their own group? I am trying to rig a character similarly with multiple profile capabilities (such as left and right quarter, left and right profile, back of the head, frontal) and want to know the reasoning for this so I can play with it as well as be in the know, thanks in advance everyone Character Animator​ oksamurai​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at a computer right now, but I would *guess* either Head Turner will enable all such layers no matter how deep they are in the hiearchy (or there is more than one head turner behavior in the puppet), or its just confusing layer names and the nested ones don’t actually do anything (my suspicion). E.g. if they are burried in the Frontal profile, and Head Turning turns off the Frontal profile, my guess is they will do nothing - because they are hidden.

Its worth checking the tags over in the puppet panel for those nested layers. Tags are what Ch really uses (not the layer names). The layer names set up default tags. I have not checked, but I could also believe that the Head Turner behavior *only* looks at the layers directly under the layer the head turner behavior is added to (in which case those other nested layers have not effect, even if tagged).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same view tags are used for both walking and head turns. Acquavella has frontal, left profile, and right profile groups for his different walking views, and inside each are his head turn positions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, that makes sense. Would the webcam pick up on the head turns or does that have to be triggered via keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines