Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a video in the background

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i'm totally new to this program so please apologize my question.

I want to have a background that is a room with a TV on the wall and I would like to insert some videos in the TV.

How can I do this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Here is a quick example

GameCycle.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would take the scene into After Effects or Premiere Pro to add the videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time answering.

There's any easy way directly inside CA if I don't know how to use AE?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do everything inside CA, except you can't import any video files. What you can try is to make a cycle puppet that uses images for layers, and position the cycle inside the tv screen window. I never thought of that before. I have made bar scenes with a tv showing, say, a football game. and the detail of the game is very small, so a repeating cycle might serve your purpose. If you try it let us know how it works. That might be a fun way to do it. I'm going to try it myself.

Edit: One way to do it might be to take an actual video and pick frames to make into the cycle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a quick example

GameCycle.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice idea! I assume you can use adobe media encoder to take a video and export as “image sequence” (at a low resolution) to create the still images. (You can do it by hand of course.) You then add the images you want into the cycles layers of the tv.

Hey, you could even change channels with swap sets 🙂

If you don’t know after effects, you can use premier pro as well. But the cycle layer approach means the video will automatically stay with the tv which is nice.

(Another approach is to make the screen green and do chroma keying or similar later. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alank99101739  wrote

Hey, you could even change channels with swap sets 🙂

Nice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines