Adobe Character Animator Internal Error Code: (562782346:681+11) assertion failed!

New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experimenting with Character Animator, and encountered what I believe to be a serious bug. I was trying to select an item in the timeline when all items vanished. Even after rebooting and restarting items remain invisible and unelectable in the left of the GUI, though they can still be selected in the timeline. This is only for the scene I was in at the time of the incident. It may be worth noting I was placing scenes on the timeline.

I am confronted with the same error each time I open this project in Character Animator. It also looks as though Character Animator thinks I am in a new project, as "Character Animator Project 3" was not the name of my project (See attachment). Does anybody know a workaround or what might have caused this bug? It's the kind of bug that gives me pause before using character animator on a serious project.

https://assets.adobe.com/link/f9f7ae4f-c904-4b95-64c8-7098c23d01f8?section=activity_public

https://assets.adobe.com/link/54dca32c-7916-4237-4e45-550732df89cb

Thanks!

Views

1.7K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disappearing UI is a new one to me. What OS / hardware specs is this happening on? Is the puppet or scene you were working on particularly complex / resource-intensive (low framerate, moves slow)?

Usually projects get saved by default in your Documents folder under Adobe > Character Animator. Is your previous project showing up there, or did you save it in a custom location? Was this on a local drive or an external one?

Does going back a few steps in the history panel help anything? Can you isolate a particular step where everything went wrong, and if so, what was it?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering in order:

OS X 10.12.4 (16E195)

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

The Puppet is the Maddy demo puppet from Athena Studios. I was animating a scene with 3 characters by recording the first character's performance, then dropping the scene into the timeline of the second character's scene so as to have reference of the scene composition, and so on for the third scene. It seemed like a simple work around, and similar to pre-comping in AE. Perhaps this is not an advisable method?

The project is saved in a custom folder. However, even after opening the custom project file, the program continues to refer to the project as "Character Animator Project 3", which is a different -- currently empty -- project under Documents > Adobe > Character Animator. All files are on the local drive.

Going back two steps does appear to have fixed the disappearing UI problem, but not the above mentioned project name issue. At the time the issue occurred I was deleting extraneous audio takes.

Thanks!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do File > Reveal Project in Finder, does it select the project folder you're expecting? Note that the name of the project is considered to be the name of the folder that _contains_ the <name>.chproj file, which is actually just a dummy zero-K file so you have something easy to double-click on.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Stepping Back in the project to a time before the issue like Oksamurai and then subsequently closing and reopening the program, the issue with the project name seems to have gone away.

So the problem was reversed by:

-stepping back

-restarting Character Animator

However, the bug is replicable: Trying to delete audio takes in the timeline causes the labeled layers to the left of the timeline to vanish.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reveal the project in the Finder, archive the project folder (the folder that contains the .chproj file and Ch Data and Ch Media subfolders), and the share a link to that archive via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.? You can send the link via private message if needed.

Thanks.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had a problem with an "internal error code: Assertion failed!" everytime I tried to get into Rigging Mode. For me it helped to create a new project and import the old one.

Maybe this is worth a try if you have similiar struggles.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines