• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Character Animator-Jumping how ??

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I am trying to make a frog jumping in my video and having problems to execute the jumping. I made a 'Jump' layer with 3 sublayers ('Phase 1-2-3').  I assigned letter 'J' as a trigger to 'Jump' layer along with 'Cycle layers' Behaviour. It seems to work, so the frog jumps, but the original sitting state of the frog is still visible. That is, both the sitting and the jumping appears on the scene simultaneously. Can you help me to tickle this problem, please?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to use a cycle layer that plays immediately where the first frame is the sitting frog. I think you can mark a layer as "pause until triggered", so the trigger is making the cycle complete. Then have it in a loop so it stops again ready for the next trigger. See https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/behavior.html#Cycle_Layers and look for "Start" set to "immediately", and the "Pause layers" which you can set by putting a tag on them. I think this would be cleanest.

The alternative is to put the default frog and the cycle layers in a swap set. Triggering the cycle layer will then hide the frog. The most common approach to have a trigger to hide something is a swapset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Thank you for helping.

For some reasons, I couldnt do the swap sets.  So what I did was creating a trigger ('1') with a loop for the default sitting frog and then create a trigger ('2') and added cycle layers for the jump. In this way, when first clicking on 1 the sitting frog comes on, and when clicking on 1 and 2 at once, the sitting frog disappears and jumping comes on. I guess it is not ideal but seems to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help work you through the swap set issues if you want to learn for next time, but I also appreciate sometimes you just say good enough and get on with life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well,  I gave it another try and I managed to get the swap sets done. Hurray! 😄 I didnt have the layers grouped correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines