Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Character Animator rigging question, probably simple

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am new to Adobe Char animater and I just created a character following the tutorials on OkaySamurai. I dont know if I am missing something really simple but can someone tell how to keep the hands in the same position? These hands are supposed to be on his side so they should not be moving as they are??? 

https://bcove.video/3QXNrTk

Can anyone help. I have downloaded other puppet templates but I can not figure out what the difference is in the rigging settings. 

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about changing your arm attach style from hinge to weld?

화면 캡처 2022-09-19 144740.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply but that did not help it still moves the same way. Does it help to attach a screen shot of the rig setup?

Capture.PNG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think there are puppets out there supporting constraints like this.

1. Setting Limb IK > Pin To > Left/Right Wrist to "Behavior" may get you the result closer to what you want. Easy but not perfect.

2. Use Leader/Follower. Put a Leader handle on the body layer, tag "Follower" to the wrist handle. This is a lot more rigging work but ensures the wrists to be constrained. You will not be able to animate arms anymore, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I may give that a try or I may just have the head nodding on it's own. Might be easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, you might want to just use transform on the head in the timeline to get the results you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured this out....!!!! I used the technique from Okay Samurai in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p05NNzb0lzo&t=505s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines