• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Max Preditions or Desires? (New Character Animator release?)

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got any Adobe Max (conference Oct 15th) predictions, like a new Character Animator release? Anyone got any desires of things they absolutely want to see fixed? (Yes, there is the “request a feature” area, but that is too factual and boring. This is just shooting the breeze.)

• FIX THE HAND TWISTING PROBLEM - I understand its fixed, just not released yet
  • FIX THE ELBOW BENDING PROBLEM - spend too much time getting arms to be natural (it records one way, plays back with arm elbow joint the other direction)
  • SPEED UP EDITING - a lot of time editing is waiting for the program to refresh or catch up, slowing down work

• Camera panning support would be very nice
  • Allow ”skip N frames” so recording a scene does not start with the hair bouncing up and down at start of scenes (as gravity kicks in on hair dangles)
  • An option to support linear blends would be nice, with displaying the numeric values at the keypoints (so its easier to emulate true keyframes)
  • Walk behaviors (and physicals) seems painful for those who use it - the fact that the puppet moves on its own, not controlled by the timeline (makes lining things up almost impossible)

What pains you the most? What are your predictions or wishes for the next Character Animator release?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some type of keyframing option (we've had this conversation already lol) Just because its what im used to... the rigging is excelent i would just love to be able to animate some things like arms using a more traditional key frame method

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminded me of another one - be able to have dragger recordings that are relative to the parent origin instead of absolute position on the screen.  At present if you record hand draggers, they stay at the position for which they where recorded (the hands stay where they were and the rest of the body moves away). I want to record hand movements etc with the puppet standing still, then add the puppet walking/moving and have the hands move with the puppet movement. (Trying to record dragging of a moving puppet is hard to get accurate!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. This is where targets would come to play. In other animation software I use point-to targets, they are like draggers but they are not absolute. In the above scenario if you were to move your model, the arm would straighten out and continue to point at the target, as opposed to stretching out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines