I’ve created this “Splash” character I will use in an onboarding video. I’ve followed all of Dave Werner’s rigging and animation videos and am currently using Beta for limbIK, however I am still having a couple issues I really need help to figure out.
Link to Puppet:
If anyone has any advice, I wouldn’t be able to thank you enough!
Copy link to clipboard
Update: I have fixed most of my problems with the help of oksamurai. In case anyone needs it, here are my fixes.
1. I had a group called mouths with two groups inside, 'happy mouth' and 'sad mouth.' I created a swap set of the mouth group and it would indeed switch mouths but the sad mouth wouldn't work, not even after tagging it as a mouth. The fix: Keep happy mouth and sad mouth as seperate groups without the umbrella 'mouth' group. I chose to name my groups 'Mouth Happy' and 'Mouth sad,' because 'mouth' was first, Ch auto tagged all of my mouths for me. If it doesn't do that for you, no biggy, tag each as a mouth. I then manually created a swap set and put each mouth in there. Works perfectly.
2. First, check that your art work in Ai or Ps is aligned, there was one instance where I pasted but didn't move it into place. Howver, the true tip here that helped was to turn down all of the paralax features to zero. Solved.
3. If Limb IK does not work in each profile after you've added it to the master level, you can add the behavior to those profiles individually to brute force it to work. Solved.
4. My solve here was so simple, I feel silly. Turn down the strength of the effect to remove the crazy jumping and bouncing. If it tones down another movement, such as arm movement, too much you can then increase arm swing to counter that, for example. Solved
5. No fix. I learned to live with it.
Hope this helps!