Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice on how to have components (like clothing) adjust according to limbs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

In this case I have jacket parts that extend below the waist. This causes some visual issues when my character walks or crouchs. Does anyone have a way to have these pieces move along with the thighs? 

legs.PNGcrouch.PNG

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is your jacket is marked as an independent layer. That is what tells it to move independently. Have you tried removing the independence flag? That will however tie the jacket to always follow the legs. I am not sure if there is some clever way to do half way between them, like putting a pin on the jacket over the leg (pins on non-root layer pin it to the parent layer, but I have not used this in practice).

The other way is to make the top part of the jacket non-independent, then split off the bottom part of the jacket (the tails) and make them independent (say with a dangle). What that might achieve is the jacket follows the main body (including flexing with the upper part of the legs), but the tails can have dangles so you get a bit of independent movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines