• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After 22.5 update Dragger action on hands no longer shows up while character is walking

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 22.5 from 22.4 my characters no longer show hands positioned with draggers while the character is walking. Being able to walk, talk and hold items is important to the scenes I’m working on. Is this a bug?

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share here (or privately via DM) a link to the puppet file so we can take a look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post a puppet I'm happy to try a couple workarounds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't heard back from geekofnature, but I've got a decent workaround. I added a Walk behavior to each arm and set the strength to 0%. This frees the arms to be animated by the mouse, camera, etc. 

Here's a version of the Walkbot puppet with draggable wrists: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/858ac3e1-cc6f-4ae8-4e5b-9482d4960588

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines