• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects (17.6) can´t import from Character Animator (3.4)

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Character Animator in a project with 3 puppets, instanced that CH project in After Effects successful, in the next day the AE couldn´t find CH puppets.

I tried began a new AE project and that error message appears:
"After Effects error: Could not connect to Adobe Character Animator 2020. Please Verify that Adobe Character Animator 2020 is installed (86::1)"

I checked all actualizations, and also tried to down one version of AE, without results.

These are my versions.

Ch 3.4
Ae 17.6

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are slightly newer versions out now - AE is 17.7 and CH is 3.5. If you update does that help?

Worst case scenario, you can export PNG + WAV from Character Animator to bring into AE, but dynamic link is better if you can get it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here. Both AE and CH are ver 22.0.

Any updates on this from Adobe technical team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New versions came out this week - I was able to get it to work with v22.1.1 of CH and AE. Can you try updating and see if that works for you as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

must be the same version on both programs, either After Effects or Character Animator, works with 22.0.0.111, Fails with 23 AE and CA 22. So probably i must remake my composition in 22 AE, sadly i cant import the 23 AE like you can in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

saving from 23 AE in 22 also works importing CA 22 scene (and record something there) , sorry for another post but i cant find a way to edit my previous answer here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines