• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects renders Character Animator Dynamic Links VERY slowly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects renders Character Animator Dynamic Links VERY slowly! Am i missing something here with this workflow? 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Faster machines can help, but it is slow. That is one reason why I personally try to do as much as possible of scenes inside CH. When I do use AE, I personally export a video clip from CH and load that into AE. If I update CH, it means I have to redo the export, which is a pain. So if I need to do lots of edits, I do use dynamic linking and wait. But it is slow, so I try to avoid it using other techniques as often as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faster machines can help, but it is slow. That is one reason why I personally try to do as much as possible of scenes inside CH. When I do use AE, I personally export a video clip from CH and load that into AE. If I update CH, it means I have to redo the export, which is a pain. So if I need to do lots of edits, I do use dynamic linking and wait. But it is slow, so I try to avoid it using other techniques as often as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also resorted to exporting video from CA and importing it into AE. I don't see any upside to using Dynamic Link. What a shame. The software is really not as integrated as Adobe markets it to be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I've started exporting all my scenes because dynamic link is a nice idea but not executed well. I'm about to post a bug that drives me nuts! It will take me way more time but exporting scenes is the more reliable way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines