• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Puppet only displays outline when 'Render as Vector' selected.

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a puppet in PS (hand drawn) to use in Ch, but then decided I wanted to utilise the 'wiggler' behaviour which only works with vector so have tried to convert the PSD to AI. 

I opened the PSD in AI and used the image trace function to create the paths and saved, but when I've brought the AI puppet into Ch and select 'Render as Vector', it only shows as the outline of the puppet.

I imagine my issue is in Illustrator, and unfortunately I really don't have a good grasp of how AI works so struggling to troubleshoot it myself or discover the correct workflow. I'm also thinking that the problem is how I used the 'image trace' function to create the vector paths, but again, not a good base level knowledge of AI

Side note: the wiggler behaviour is working at least hah.

Other side note: the PSD puppet is working fine, so if I can't solve this then I'll deal for this one, then draw my next puppet directly in Illustrator.

4 screenshots attached: 

1st - the AI puppet in Rig mode with 'Render as Vector' unselected

2nd - the AI puppet in Rig mode with 'Render as Vector' selected

3rd - the original PSD puppet in the Ch scene with the AI puppet in outline next to it.

4th - the AI puppet in Illustrator with an example of how it's split the layers into multiple mini paths but also compound paths.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?