Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All .chproj files are now zero kb after update

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I updated Character Animator on Monday and planned to resume working where I left it, to my horror ALL my projects are 0KB This is weeks of work up in smoke - who can I escalate this to because I do this for work in my own company and this is a big blow timewise and finacially for me and my small company. The picture shows just some of my projects now zeroed out.chproj.jpg 

Blubben och Blubbianerna!
TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

.chproj files are always zero length. The actual files go into a directory using the same name alongside. Yeah, its scary first time you wonder what is going on. The .chproj file is just something to double click on because you cannot associate a program with a directory (only files).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.chproj files are always zero length. The actual files go into a directory using the same name alongside. Yeah, its scary first time you wonder what is going on. The .chproj file is just something to double click on because you cannot associate a program with a directory (only files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that there is nothing in them anymore when I open them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried opening the files from Windows instead from inside the app and that works - blows my mind...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the folder (and specifically the Ch Data and Ch Media subfolders) inside the parent folder that contains the .chproj file that has all the project data.

.chproj files are just a convenient way of double-clicking a file in Explorer/Finder or in the file selection dialog box in the app to open a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All related files are saved in the default location so yes they resides in the parent folder - I talket to support about this and they should forward the issue to the devs. to be clear it is the same file you click to open from withing Character Animator it just did not attach any of the assets in Ch Data and Ch Media subfolders unless opening it from Windows Explorer. Have a nice one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines