• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Also, why not make the triggers visible all the time?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you can only activate the triggers when you are actually doing a "recording".

And then the triggers disapear from the recording screen when you "stop" the recording.

I had to decide to drag some items in and out of the screen using the transform behaviour rather than making them appear and disappear with the triggers.

The reason I had to drag them was because I still need to see them as a referece of postion when the recording mode is in "stop", so that I can drag other items to specific postions. 

So, triggers are not always visible and that is why I used the transform behaviour on some items.   Would be nice that triggers could work in a similar setup as the transform behaviour. 

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three modes - rig, record, and stream. Triggers work when in "record" or "stream" mode if the Trigger behavior is active. You don't have to be recording, but you do need to be out of "rig" mode. I suspect rig mode has keyboard shortcuts which could conflict with triggers. I have a trigger than I held down before entering record mode and it worked before, during, and after the recording occurred. If you start playing the clip, the recorded value takes over (the keyboard is ignored). It is strange if you are seeing something different - I would double check to see if the trigger behavior is active - maybe it is just doing a playback (which had the trigger recorded)?

Are you using latch with triggers? That might be another thing causing confusion going in and out of record mode with latch triggers maybe?

Or do you mean the problem is in Record mode, the if you don't hold down the trigger key the item disappears (even though it was recorded in the scene as on). This is because the keyboard is controlling the triggers. If you want to see the playback value of the trigger, disable the red dot for the trigger behavior. That red dot is the instruction to CH to use the user's input. Turn that off and it will use the value from the track even when not playing the video back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This goes here..

Triggers vs. transfrom behaviour .. and why I found at times the transform behaviour easier to work for the record mode depending on what you are doing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjkGiMeftdE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you disarm the trigger behavior, they will show even when not being played.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines