• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate Face Tracking Cameras and Face Tracking 'input'

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i use my DSLR video output as a Face Tracking Camera?

Can specify what camera feed is use for Face Tracking?

Can I use pre recorded video of a head shot?

I work on a laptop with external monitors, so I don't use my laptop screen aka camera, at all it's off to the side

many thanks
MarkInMN

TOPICS
Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ch can watch any normal video camera (anything that is listed as a webcam etc according to the OS) is my understanding.

Yes through preferences you can change the camera Ch looks at (i think you can right click something in the camera section of the UI as well). So if you can skype/google meet using your slr, it should be possible.

Pre-recorded video has to be fed through a camera (a virtual camera). Ch cannot be told 'use this video file as input". E.g. on Mac you can use CamTwist to create a virtual camera, including make it read from a file. I think OBS Studio can do it for windows as well. There were a few recent videos posted to the forums on feeding Ch output into zoom/google meeting etc that are not exactly what you need, but might have some useful leads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for repsonding providing suggestions to my question, this is a big help!

MarkInMN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can i use my DSLR video output as a Face Tracking Camera?"
If your camera's manufacturer intended for it to be used as a webcam, then this should already work. If not, there are devices that can turn a video signal into a webcam input. Many video capture cards allow their input to be used as a webcam. Also, software like Wirecast can take these capture cards as an input and have a virtual camera option as well. 

"Can specify what camera feed is use for Face Tracking?"
Yes, in the camera and microphone panel, click the three horizontal lines next to "Camera & Microphone" and this will allow you to change your webcam. 

"Can I use pre recorded video of a head shot?"
Yes, but you need to import the video into AE and copy and paste the data to CH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Q: Can I use pre recorded video of a head shot?
A: Yes, but you need to import the video into AE and copy and paste the data to CH."

Could you expand on this on Daniel? I did not know this was possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bit of hidden functionality, but the instructions are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/behaviors-reference.html

• In After Effects, extract face measurements data from the video, as follows:
    • Import the video footage into a composition.
    • Draw a closed mask around the face, open the Tracker panel, then set Method to Face Tracking (Detailed Features).
    • Click the Analyze buttons to track the mask to the face.
    • Set the current time indicator to the frame representing the rest pose for the face, then click Set Rest Pose.
    • Click Extract & Copy Face Measurements.
  • In Character Animator, select the puppet with both the Face behavior and its Camera Input parameters armed for record.
  • Place the current time indicator (playhead) at the frame matching the first Face Measurements keyframe in After Effects.
  • Choose Edit > Paste.

Over time, I'm going to try and make some very short simple videos for things like this. I'll add this topic to the queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dr. Daniel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines