Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate Mouths (swap set) issues

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey hello!

So I'm using the Almasol puppet to experiment however ive run into an issue with the alternate mouths.

much like everyone else, the issue is that when i try to trigger the set only a static picture of the default

sad mouth appears, no lip sync. The other triggers work fine though there is no lip sync need for those.

I've gone through all of the tutorial videos I could find relation to this and read as much as i can - still

i cant seem to correct the issue.. its driving me nuts!!!! lol!

please please can someone tell me what the issue is here before i burst an eye ball...

Many thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

K, I reckon I've figured it out, so i've come back to update

Ultimately it seems to all boil down to the original pre-made puppet files.

See, what i i did was to take a pre-made puppet and create my own art work in place of the originals - eventually replacing everything but still retaining the original set up. This has all been fine up to doing the alternate mouth sets - the mains ones (the standard pre-sets) work fine but when trying to set the "sad" sets to a trigger the lip sync would not ini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

K, I reckon I've figured it out, so i've come back to update

Ultimately it seems to all boil down to the original pre-made puppet files.

See, what i i did was to take a pre-made puppet and create my own art work in place of the originals - eventually replacing everything but still retaining the original set up. This has all been fine up to doing the alternate mouth sets - the mains ones (the standard pre-sets) work fine but when trying to set the "sad" sets to a trigger the lip sync would not initialise, either showing the default image or not showing anything at all. I found that If I deleted that mouth pack, copied and pasted a new instance of the standard pack and update those imagines to the sad set everything works.

hope this helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for updating the issue. I'm in the same exact boat sadly TT TT. I may have to delete the mouth group and import a the happy set. I actually have the sad set as default lol. Which is like my character. I don't think it should matter though. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean by "I found that If I deleted that mouth pack, copied and pasted a new instance of the standard pack and update those imagines to the sad set everything works." Can you elaborate on that? What exactly do I have to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I think my issue was that I was importing stuff from AE into PS and then building the character folders from there. I found if I copied over all the different layers into a CA puppet that was close to mine and replaced the layers and used the mouth groups in that file then everything worked and has been working. If I moved the mouth groups to a PS file that I made, I had problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines