• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate a liquid

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create a animation of a liquid?  Such as water in a glass.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you need this to be paired with a speaking character, this question might be better in the Adobe Animate forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are so many ways to do this! You could use Photoshop to create an animated GIF of a glass,  that can be used as a trigger in Character Animator. You can use a brush, or shapes, or a real glass with water with different frames of water in different places so when it animates it looks like its moving and/or filling up the glass. 

Or I guess you could use morphing in Adobe Animate to create an animation like that, export to a movie and composite in Premiere?

Hope that helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked better than I thought. Here is an example puppet holding a glass

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/63c4d3de-df81-410e-5a26-b78d10ee6531

Rotate the glass by "Rotation" of "Transform [glass]" (there are many transform behaviors, make sure you pick the right one)

Setup:

• "water" layer pinned to "glass" layer by Leader-Follower at a point (no rotation), allowing "water" to maintain the horizontal level
  • Some Dangles on "water" layer for a bit of a jiggly effect
  • Mask out "water" layer outside of "glass" layer with a clipping mask

Glass image attribution: vectorpouch on Freepik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a puppet that was itself a bottle of juice (kids' show, enough said) and I used dangle and clipping masks so that it looks like the liquid is sloshing inside the bottle. I can't post the puppet, but I'd be happy to answer questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines