Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated Backgrounds and Objects

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to this very young but ambitious Character Animator community   

This new software is bringing new life into my creativity!!

right now I am working on various characters for streaming and i had this interesting idea: i would Love to build an interactive environment for a character, with for example dynamic lighting, a rotating fan at the ceiling, various objects in a loop in the background resulting in the scene being more alive. Is this possible in Character animator? Would it also be possible to stream it on for example Twitch?

thank you Guys for your ideas 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest way is using the “Cycle Layers” behavior. You can draw a series of layers, then cycle layers will display the layers in a sequence. So you draw the fan blades in a few positions and it will cycle through that part. (The base of the fan can be static.). Cycle layers is good for a bird flapping wings for example.

You can record a replay instead (in v2), but it will play once and stop (unless its a long recording). But you can hook those replays up to MIDI signals or keyboard triggers - e.g. a yawn sequence, or a hand wave. Makes it easier live - just hit a key and it recording plays back.

So I would check the user guide for “Cycle Layers” and “Replays”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines