• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating multiple characters with different parts overlapping in space

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! How would you go about animating two characters where different parts of the characters are in front/behind one another—for instance, a girl on her dad’s shoulders. Her body is behind his head, but her hands and legs cross over the front of his body. Is there any good way to handle that with the puppets?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's a little complex but seems doable. Basically just think of it as a monster with multiple heads and limbs. Each face should be tagged as a different view, so maybe frontal for the girl and left quarter for the dad, so the facial features will work in each. I'd probably do something like:

+Character

Arms (Kid)

Head (Dad)

Head (Kid)

Legs (Kid)

Body (Dad)

Before getting too deep into artwork, I'd make a stick figure / basic circles & rectangles version to make sure the idea works. I do that a lot for anything out of the ordinary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question, though- is it possible to tage frontal for the girl and left quarter for the dad but still have each of their heads be able to turn left profile/quarter/frontal/right profile/quarter? I guess I can play around but trying to understand how the tagging works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, in that case you probably want to give each head its own Face, Lip Sync, Eye Gaze, and Head Turner behaviors. So yes, it's possible, just more manual behavior adding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines