• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation with a spiderwire and weights

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to make an animation with weights falling from the sky to an elastic spiderwire. Here are 4 images from the storyboard. For the left part with the steel bar, I did it on After Effects.
For the right part, I thought it would be easier on Adobe Character. In Adobe Character, I used the "Physics", Collision and particle (in canon mode) functions to drop my weights. The spiderwire is also in collision mode. But I can't get the spiderwire to stretch with the weight of the weights. I added a draggable handle in the middle of the wire. I succeeded to create the principle of animation by manipulating live, but not to record it : impossible to properly wedge when to pull it (I attach a .mov file which shows my tests, but it's a screenshot by QuickTime, not a render). It is very hazardous, I cannot trigger the fall of the weights at a precise moment to synchronize the fall with the deformation of the spiderwire. Can someone advise me to record this animation?
TOPICS
How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?