After the 4.0 update a few of my puppets have this error upon opening. I had some .puppet files so I recovered most of them, but this one I need help with. I use windows and have always stored my files locally.
Recently had a similar error along with "couldn't find required item at project path/ProjectItems/Character" error. The project file won't even open now. Everything was saved locally, and the project was very lite. Three Stick figure puppets with eyebrows.
Looks like you might have had the project in a file-synced directory, and it was open on two machines at the same time, so the file-sync system renamed conflicting files. To get it back into working state, try renaming these files back to their original names:
in the Ch Data/repo.noindex folder — odb-AWR11.sqlite3 ➔ odb.sqlite3
in the Ch Data/repo.noindex/refs/heads folder — master-AWR11 ➔ master
I also recommend updating to Ch verison 4.0 and doing a Save Project As so as to update the project to the new file format which is more robust to this type of problem. You can tell you have a new version of the project when the odb.sqlite3 file is replaced with projectdata.rope
Thanks so much. Just for others that may have the same problem I also had to change the PSD file name in the Ch Media/Gathered Media/XXX.psd
There were also some strange errors I got right after I changed the names for the first to files as suggested. Right after that none of my Character Animator files would open correctly. Everyone of them had some internal code error. That seemed to have resolved itself though after a little bit. No idea what I did to fix it. Think I just had to let Character Animator close and clear itself from the computer's memory.
Similar issue, though the solution mentioned doesn't work. Help please!!
For future reference, this project's issue was mistmatched reference files. The project database was, thankfully, undamaged. This may have been a result of the project being in a sync'd folder. I didn't confim that, but the project was fairly easy to fix.
Also, for those reading this later: projects newly created in 4.0 (and later) should be immune to this kind of damage (and more robust to other kinds off damage as well). Also, using "Save As" on a project created in an earlier version. Note that "Save As" only preserves the current state of the project and not the persistent undo/history, so choose a time to make this transition when you're in a good place to do so (won't need/want to undo changes and go to back to revise).