• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody have a solution for this error: CaptureFrame has size less than 640x480.

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon after starting Character Animator I get the following error: 

CaptureFrame has size less than 640x480.

When I click ok it pops back up and wont go away until I force quit the app.  I am on a mac pro with a radeon 5600xt screen resolution 3440 x 1550. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Capture" sounds like a camera or scanner or something. Maybe disable any web cams etc then try starting it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I can't even access the software because this error keeps coming up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem with iMac 2020 with new built in cam 1080p and Logitech Stream Cam. Can not use the app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting the same error when you select either camera?

Does the built-in photo booth app work with the cameras?

Did you grant permission to use the camera to Character Animator?

Have you tried restarting your mac?  Sometimes macos gets in a weird state where cameras don't work reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'n having the exact same issue on a MacBook Por 13 inch 2020 version. I don't even get to camera selection as the error pops up straight after starting a the Character Animator. I restarted the laptop, granted and regranted persmissions and the camera works just fine with all other apps. No virtual camera installed in the system.

Any suggestions for a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this error. All permissions granted, still can't use the software. 

Did anyone find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to access the use the camera using the built-in Photo Booth app on your Mac?

Can you gather some information for me?

1) Please press Command-F12 to bring up the Console panel

2) In the Console panel, select Trace Volume View and enter "dvacapture" into the search bar

3) Set the value for DvaCaptureImpl to 8

4) In the Console panel, select "Console View"

5) Now try turning on your camera

6) Copy the contents of the Console into a text file and post here.  That information might help with diagnostics.

Thx!

-G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to help. I opened Photo Booth on my Macbook, Command-F12 didn't do anything. I can't find the Console panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. I had the same problem because CamTwist was installed. That's why Adobe tried to connect it in their settings, and not the MacBook camera. Therefore, you need to try to quickly press Return and click on the camera icon to turn it off and change

tg_image_243822352.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines