• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arm movement reversed in playback

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up my puppet correctly with arm IK. When I record, I visually watch the arm bending the correct way as I puppet it, but as soon as I replay it, it shows the joint bent in the reverse of what I saw. I checked the settings for arm IK and "reverse" was NOT checked. I tried replaying after checking those boxes, nothing changed. I tried removing arm IK and re-recording the movement. Again, the arm was visually bending the correct way, and then played back reverse of what I saw when recording. what am I missing here?

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this occuring in the latest version of Character Animator, v3.2? (If you need to update to v3.2, go to the Creative Cloud desktop app and choose Help > Check for updates in case the update doesn't appear for you automatically.)

One possibility might be the placement of the Elbow-tagged handles relative to the Shoulder and Wrist handles. Arm IK will favor bending in a specific direction based on where the Elbow handle is relative to (on which side of) the imaginary line between the Shoulder and Wrist handles. You might try moving the Elbow handle slightly in one direction or the other to see if that helps.

Let us know if Elbow placement helps. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines