Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arm Not Draggable If Transform or Layer Picker Behaviors Added

Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a character puppet for a client that wants swap sets for things like skin tone, hair color, and shirt style. The arms are rigged and work fine until I add either the transform behavior to the hand and arm group for a skin tone or layer picker behavior for the sleeve style and color. When I add the behaviors the arm is no longer dragging correctly. I either have the swap set working or the arm working but not both together. Is there a way to get this to work or do I have to just use keyboard triggers instead? Below is a screen shot of what I have going on. Any help is grately appreciated! 

Thanks,

Stephanie

Stephanie5EC8_0-1605749978886.png

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see how the yellow outline is not hugging the arm nicely? Blue is meant to be a bounding box, but yellow is meant to hug the arm outline. I am wondering if what is happening is you have a big color rectangle which you are using with clipping to restrict what is visible. However the way Ch works is to take the bounding box of all the layers (including hidden ones). Because the arm is no longer nicely shaped, it bends weird.

As an experiment, try getting rid of the Sleeve Color clipping mask usage (intersect it with the color layers so each layer is the right shape). See if that makes a difference. (Or use a color polygon that is closer to the arm shape.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Ch bugs out when you have a draggable handle and then add a behavior like layer picker or transform. It just wont work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generally only one thing can control a layer. Sometimes you can trick it by creating another level of grouping and putting behaviors on the different layers in the hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines