Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arm outside of body

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

I don't understand what is going on with the arm of my character. I have read a lot of threads related to this topic but can't seem to find the answer. What am I doing wrong??

Please see the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EjDSsMina0&feature=youtu.be 

Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 22.43.00.pngScreenshot 2020-02-25 at 22.42.53.png

Thank you

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What seems to be happening is that the arm is trying to rotate around the elbow. If you remove the Fixed handle tag from the upper-arm stick, does it help? It also seems like the Attach Style is set to Free (i.e., that independent "right arm 2" layer is allowed to move freely from the torso, so does changing Attach Style to Weld help as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed the fixed handle and changed the green circle location and the same problem continues..

How do I change the Attach Style?

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 02.19.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am used to extending the arm artwork behind the body with a semicircle so the attach point (green) is inside the arm artwork, otherwise you can get a gap between the arm and body when it rotates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed the fixed handle and changed the green circle location and the same problem continues..

How do I change the Attach Style?

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 02.19.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the "right arm 2" layer selected, look in the Properties panel on the right side of the app window, in the Layer section, just under the "Independent" option. Set Attach Style to Weld.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and it was weld already. Same problem continues. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, would you be OK with sending me a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) of your puppet so that I can diagnose further? Based on the video and image alone, I can't tell what might be going wrong if it's already set to Weld. You can send the link via direct message. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines