Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms detached after update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

After the update of Character Animator, the arms of some of my puppets became detached from their bodies,

even if in Rig mode everything looks the same as before.

In one of the puppets, that has 3 views (Frontal, Left Profile and Right profile) the arms in Frontal and Left Profile became detached, but the Right profile is working properly like before. I tried deleting the old rigs and doing it again but it doesn't work, they can't be attached.

In one of the puppets, when I changed the attach style from Hinge to Weld, the arms became attached again, but it didn't work for the other puppets.

And this only worked after doing it several times with no result.

What do you think? Please tell me, if you had the same problem!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the refresh button in the scene window? Just wondering if something got cached funny.

I have seen differences, but half my problems may have been fixed bugs (ie when I looked into it I don’t know why it worked before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean this refresh button, right?

refresh.jpg

Nothing changes. I have been restarting the program constantly but the bug is still there. When I opened one of the puppets today, the arms were attached and I thought the bug was fixed, but after working a bit on the puppet the arms detached again... And when I opened another puppet now not only the arms are detached but the legs also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was it. The other thing you can do is hold down the shift key when CH starts up - I think it cleans out more caches. But it does not explain what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Just for the record, I am out of ideas!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling and installing the program but it didn't help. I also tried copy-paste the AI and rigging it from 0, again, same result.

Three different computers used the puppet and it had the same bug. It only worked properly on the computer of alank99101739​ . So weird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another suggestion is to share a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new thing I have discovered is that when I export a recorded video with a puppet that has this detached arms bug, on the video the arms are attached. So the bug is affecting only the preview ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Strange! I wonder if its trying to save CPU time by approximating during preview. When you render, it does it "correctly" (because it does not have to do everything real time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines