• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms in front then back of head.

Participant ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best workaround to be able to have a swap set with arms that go in front of the head and then behind the head?

I’ve experimented with make shareable, duplicate etc. nothing seems to work any ideas?

Help and thanx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at a computer, so I cannot try the following, but if you want one swap set I would try the following. This assumes the head is independent and attached to the body, but a sibling of the body in the artwork.

Put one set of arms at the same level as the head and body before them, the other behind them. Put both sets of arms in a swapset.

- Character

- - +Arms in front of body

- - +Head

- - Body

- - +Arms behind body (hidden)

Both sets of arms go into a swap set. Both can attach to the body (if independent). The Head and Body layers do not go into the swap set.

Alternstively you can create two swap sets independently. Put a set of arms plus a blank layer in a sublayer together, which you turn into a swap set. So you are swapping between the arms and a blank layer. One swapset makes the blank layer the default, the other swapset makes the arms the default, The bind the same key to two different triggers for the two swap sets. You will see two things in the timeline because you are adjusting two swapsets - they just happen to use the same key trigger, This way you can put the arms anywhere you like in the puppet hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to "parent" two draggers together?  In other words, if you had two arms for front and back, when you swapped them, they would still be in the same position that you're dragging them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the arms are not independent, then i think you only need one dragger and it will control both arms. both sets of arms are part of the same mesh (just different depths). If the arms are independent, then i cannot think of a way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Alan!  Yes, my arms are independent, so that's a bummer.  Has there been any discussion about adding a "Parent" behavior which would allow you to parent objects that are not in the same hierarchy?  I'm actually using the Beta so I can have Limb IK to use on his legs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The term parenting did come up on a thread in the last month or so, but i have no idea about discussions inside Adobe (which are the ones that matter!). Could try looking through the "suggestions" area and adding a comment and vote to the appropriate entry there. I think there is a link at the bottom of teh ch forum home page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines