• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms malfunction with walk cycle enabled

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a rig I'm working on. The origin points of the arms and legs are in the correct places. The body layer has a body tag and a waist tag below that, and the right and left shoulder and hip tags are in the right places and over where the origin points are. These are sepearte tags over the origin points. The head is also tagged as the neck so the head will move withe body during the walk cycle which it does. Then the arms and legs have the knees, ankles etc, etc all tagged and sticks (bones) between these in the right places. They attach to of the linbs is on auto and weld. I have treid all the other settings for the attchment and it makes no difference for indstance hinge and body. There are three pose for walk left, walk right and stand. The walk cycle is applied to the top level puppet icon. When the walk cycle is active one of the arms moves inward and the other shifts down frantically away from the where the origin points and shouder tags are. The legs seem to work normally. I downloaded the Eliza puppet rig to use as a comparision from Samuri (nice puppets by the way). The rigging is identical so I think it is rigged up properly as Eliza walks fine while my character has the arms issue. Does anyone see something I am missing? What other option or circumstance could throw the rig off only in the walk cycle. With the walk cycle removed the arms are in the correct places. Also I'm just curious it seems like quite a few times if I make changes to the photoshop doc, and not always major ones, it blows  out the tags and replays. I wonder if I should just start over at this point and deal with the walk cycle first? Any ideas would be apprecited about to pull me hair out. 🙂 Thanks.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked it out there were some independence issues and the tutorials I was following were a bit outdated. When the independence was correct everywhere the hinge attachment did make the difference. What was odd is that wasn't an issue with the arms. But hey if it'd working it's working. Lol only took me like 4 hours to get iut to work but now I'm golden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines