• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms move but the hands will not

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have watched a few videos and fixed many of my beginner issues but one thing I have not figured out is why the hands of my puppet will not move with the arms. Actually it appears they are attached correctly but it is almost like there is a pin that I am not seeing that is pinned to the very tip of the finger. The character will stretch the arms but the tip of his finger does not change. I am having a lot of fun with this program but this is kinda getting me. I even used the arm set from the generic model. I would also like the arms to move like arms really would (IK) but that is probably a post for another time if I don't figure it out. I can DM anyone the puppet but I would rather not post it here..... I am not an artist. This is my first shot at creating my own puppet. TIA!

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the rigging on the puppet, I can only guess. Where are the handles located for moving the arms and hands? They should be in the palms. Also, the rigging should be in the layer that you have highlighted. Make sure that there aren't any handles in any of the sub layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FINALLY got it! Somehow there was a Pin way off the puppet. I zoomed out like 300% and there was a pin randomly placed. Now on to getting the arms to move seperate and getting the Limb IK to apply to the arms. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it. There's an object that you don't appear to be using that's hovering far above the farmer's head. Get rid of it, because CH is definitely trying to process it. I can't figure out why the arms won't move independantly, but that's a good place to start. Bear in mind that you will probably need to readjust the parts in the rig once the part is removed and the size of the head parts gets adjusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines