• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms not bending right, Floating eye, and warping body when waving

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a long drawn out process but I think I'm getting close to having my first working puppet. As the title states I'm only having three problems currently. Below will be a link to my puppet so that everyone can see the rigging and set up and tell me where my problems are and how to fix them. Thank you in advance.

Charlie Puppet 

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

With the arms overlapping the body so much, I think you will need the arms to be independent if you want the upper arm to move without dragging the body around. If you make the arms independent, then you will need to move the sticks and draggers to the arm layers for them to work.

alank99101739_0-1612070707146.png

The right eye is going funny because the origin has been moved from the middle of the eye down to over the chest. So if the chest moves, the eye will move. Drag the origin back to the center of the eye and it should be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the arms overlapping the body so much, I think you will need the arms to be independent if you want the upper arm to move without dragging the body around. If you make the arms independent, then you will need to move the sticks and draggers to the arm layers for them to work.

alank99101739_0-1612070707146.png

The right eye is going funny because the origin has been moved from the middle of the eye down to over the chest. So if the chest moves, the eye will move. Drag the origin back to the center of the eye and it should behalf like the left eye again.

alank99101739_0-1612070358796.png

After fixing them, there is another problem if you want to fix it. When the arm folds back over the arm, it goes a bit funny.

alank99101739_1-1612070524467.png

You can fix this problem by chopping the arm artwork in half, then group the artwork into the upper arm and lower arm, then move the upper arm group above the lower arm group. Don't make the upper or lower group independent (just leave the arm independent). What it does is tells CH when the artwork overlaps, which should be in front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much all that was a real help. I now have two small issues though. 1. The arms are now really loose. I have to strech them way out to get them to bend at the elbow and wave. 2. I had to make the wings there own layer inside the body group so that his left arm would not endup behind the wing but is still behind his body when resting. It has detached his head and arms from his body. It really funny looking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it! I had to take the wings out of the body group and now all is working right 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have another issue. His arms are very difficult to move. They are like spaghetti. When I go to wave I have to move it very carfully or his elbows will bend backwards, his arm will strech like he's a rubber band and all kinds of other weird things. How do I fix his arms so they move correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you made the arms independent did you delete the old sticks and add new ones to the independent arms layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had done that so that wasn't the issue. I can't remember how I fixed it but I did. lol He's an awesome little guy now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines