Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The arms are independent and rigged with the following + limb IK : 

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.14.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.15.04 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.15.15 PM.png

However, arms unhinge from the shoulder socket past a certain point in either direction. Was wondering if anyone knew why this is? Thank you.

 

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I'm mistaken, the layer is behaving like that because there's no content to display. If your arm object had more content (even a simple piece of black art behind it) then that would cover the gap you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. So place black art behind the area of the gap? Should it be shaped exactly like the gap or just a black box that goes behind the arm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would place a black circle, about the size and shape of the shoulderpad, in the location of the hinge behind the arm and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix.pngTo better explain what's going on, you may have noticed that all of the example puppets have overlap with the joints and the body. This circle that I'm suggesting that you add will fill the place of that overlap. Refer to the illustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, an illustration would be super helpful. I'm still struggling to see how it would fix the issue, especially in the second picture when I bring the hand toward the character's stomach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I replied before I saw you had updated with an illustration. Thank you, I can see how that would help when the arm is moved out. But would this address the unhinging that happens when the arm/hand is moved toward the stomach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines