• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms will not go in front of body

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a simple bird character. I used the basic blank template from the adobe site. I ordered the layers correctly (to my knowledge) but the arms(in this case wings but whatever) will not go in front of the body layer even if I moved the layers in front of the body.

Any help on how to fix or what I am doing wrong?

スクリーンショット 2023-02-08 113552.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Thank you for your reply.

I actually figured out the problem. It seems that Character Animate ignored my clip mask from Illustrator and projected the whole picture instead of just the clipped portion as it would in Illustrator. So I just erased the part within the clipped sections and was able to fix the error. (Originally I just duplicated the body, separated the head from the body with a clip mask, so when imported into Character Animate it showed the whole body in the Face Background section,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ia it the body or the head that the wings will not move in front of? Because the wing layers are clearly behind the head layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I actually figured out the problem. It seems that Character Animate ignored my clip mask from Illustrator and projected the whole picture instead of just the clipped portion as it would in Illustrator. So I just erased the part within the clipped sections and was able to fix the error. (Originally I just duplicated the body, separated the head from the body with a clip mask, so when imported into Character Animate it showed the whole body in the Face Background section, including the parts within the clip mask. Similiar to what you describe.)

But now its all fixed and Ive managed to create a simple slightly animated character as I've intended. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call. CH definitely does not know how to process those masks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this is always a bit of a pain, but if you unclip your layers in Illustrator then the mask layer itself shows up in CH and you can reclip your layers in the Puppet. I do this all the time with pupils and eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines