• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms Won't Move Even Though the Wrists are Draggable?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Hive Mind,

I'm working through Okay Samurai's Limb IK video and downloaded the corrsponding character pack. I'm working with June, the full body yoga puppet, and for some reason I can't move the puppet's arm's even though the wrists's are tagged as draggable. However, I can move the legs. I'm thinking there's some Property or Behavior I need to toggle, but I'm not sure which one, or possibly some other newbish mistake. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be much obliged! I've attached a few screen shots of the rig and record mode views in Character Animator in case that helps.

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

I don't fully understand it, but I think it's that there are replays fired by triggers in a swapset. If you disable "Triggers" from recording, you can drag things. I think when a trigger is playing and holding a repay, it must override the dragger. E.g. hit key '4' and you can drag the hand not involved in a pose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added the Limb IK behavior to the arm yet? I can see you're getting some kind of error with the handles, but I can't make it out because of my poor eyesight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeting TheOriginalGC!

First off, thank you for tkaing the time to read my post and respond!

This is actually a puppet I downloaded from the Okay Samruai website. It does appear to have Limb IK added, so that's not the source of the issue. There are three rigging issues listen, which I typed out below for ease of reading.Thanks again!!!

1. Handle Fixer: No layers or handles with required tags could be found. Remove the behavior is not needed.

2. Handle tagged as left ankle not being used by any behviors.

3. Handle tagged as rightankle not being used by any behviors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for transcribing those details for me. I downloaded the puppet and opened it up and, out of the box, the wrists do not move. They appear to be locked and I am not sure how to unlock them. Is it necessary for the video? Perhaps @oksamurai can offer some insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't fully understand it, but I think it's that there are replays fired by triggers in a swapset. If you disable "Triggers" from recording, you can drag things. I think when a trigger is playing and holding a repay, it must override the dragger. E.g. hit key '4' and you can drag the hand not involved in a pose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, good catch. It turns out that the replay triggers are locking the limbs. I was scratching my head because draggable was on, but the arms still weren't draggable. For whatever reason, he wanted the arms to only move certain ways for this activity - probably because he wanted to focus on the feet and legs. Turning off triggers allows the draggables to function normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, this has come up a few times - I need to fix this puppet to allow for dragging from the get-go. Will update the file this week. Thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you once again Okay Samurai!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This totally fixed the issue for me, so thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines