• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Art work out of bounds error

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 4.0 and now get this error when creating a puppet. What could cause it?

Thanks.  

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

An update for those watching at home:

The puppet file was created in 3.2 and managed to be exported in a not fully reconciled state. We actually fixed the issue in 3.3 so that newer puppets should not have that problem. Luckily, puppet files are just plain zip files currently so I was able to unzip the puppet and it was intact and after it automatically reconciled and I re-exported the puppet so that no longer has this error.

If it is safe, we may add code to automatically reconcile at import to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screen shot of the error? What was the very last thing you did before the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay. 

I may a number of changes and am not sure which one triggered the error. 

I am getting the attached errors.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those errors suggest the issue may be a failure to reconcile changes to referenced artwork.

This is a similar issue:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator/failing-to-incorporate-edits-internal-error-code-4...

One idea would be to open the project while holding Shift. That will cause it to clear out "user interface" state like selections and open puppets/scenes. The callstack I saw on a similar error suggested it was actually the selection state in the Puppet panel getting confused by the artwork having changed and been reconciled.

Keiko's suggestion in the other thread is also a good one, particularly if the error persists after the above experiment. Sometimes going to an earlier point in history and letting the artwork reconciliation process the changes again will get it unstuck.

If you can zip up the project and send a download link to me privately, I might be able to help diagnose it. 

Dan Tull
Character Animator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update for those watching at home:

The puppet file was created in 3.2 and managed to be exported in a not fully reconciled state. We actually fixed the issue in 3.3 so that newer puppets should not have that problem. Luckily, puppet files are just plain zip files currently so I was able to unzip the puppet and it was intact and after it automatically reconciled and I re-exported the puppet so that no longer has this error.

If it is safe, we may add code to automatically reconcile at import to avoid such errors, but the good news is that puppets created in 3.3 and later should not have the issue, so hopefully the impact is minimal even if we don't go that way (especially given the workaround above).

Thanks for the report!

Dan Tull

Character Animator Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines