Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artwork won't sync from Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have been trying to edit this puppet in photoshop like changing color overlays but the new colours wont sync in character animator. does anyone have an idea what im doing wrong?

Screenshot 2021-11-25 000907.pngScreenshot 2021-11-25 001008.png

TOPICS
Bugs , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how you are doing it, but a few suggestions:

• Remember that not all fancy Photoshop and Illustrator features are supported by CH. So it may be, e.g. for color change, the new effect is ignored.
  • If you are adding new layers of artwork, are those new layers appearing in the rigging hierarchy? If not, are you sure you are editing the PSD file etc that CH is using? (There is a "Path" property for puppets. Edit Original should always use that path.)
  • If you added new hands (hold things) using new layers, are they in swapsets or similar? Are triggers hiding the layer where you put the new artwork?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey thanks for replying! 🙂

ad 1) yeah i know, but that colour overlay is something that has been done before (watched it in youtube tutorials: how to create/edit puppet in CH animator)

ad 2) haven't tried it yet - i just wanted to make minor changes like changing the color and yeah i always click > CTRL E within the puppet in CH.

ad 3) im very new to this software so i havent tried it yet nor i dont know how to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes CH doesn't always see a change as sync-worthy. You can always try selecting another layer and moving it left or right one pixel and back again, then saving - that will be enough to force a sync.

You can also play with blend modes inside CH, if that's the tchnique you're using. Or worst case scenario, rasterize (right-click and select this option) the layer in PS, which will bake the effect into the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1st of all - i'm so honored 😉 i watch all of your tutorials in youtube. 

and 2nd - thanks for the tip,  i'll give it a try and get back to you.

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines