Audio triggeable with a .mid file ?

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a midi backing tracks file for drums, is it possible to import the .mid file in Character to animate audio triggeable puppet directly by this file ?

I don't have any midi board, I just can find .mid file for drums and guitars. I'd like to use it to animate musician puppets. If it's not yet possible, could it be a future developpment ?

Thanks for your answer.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try some of the tools in this article https://www.lifewire.com/midi-file-2621979. What you need is a program that reads the MIDI file and generates MIDI events on the internal MIDI bus in the operating system. Character Animator listens to this MIDI bus (I assume it pretends to be an instrument). So no, it cannot read MIDI files, but there are programs around that can - I think they would do what you need. (I assume you have tried double clicking on the .mid file just to see what happens!)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note: you need to bind midi keys to trigger actions, which might be hard to do from a MIDI file with lots of notes in it. Normally you hit a single key while CH is listening for the binding. If a drum sequence is sending lots of MIDI signals it might be hard to bind the right MIDI key to the right trigger.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines