• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-merge Triggers

Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 different swap sets of hand poses, namely the right hand and the left hand. Both swap groups has the same hand poses. However I would like to have it in one trigger swap set, instead of two. I can do this by creating swap set of, as example, the right hand, then manually move individual hand poses from the left hand group to the right hand swap set. It's a lot of work. Is it possible just to create for both hand groups its own swap set, then in the trigger panel, I drag either hand swap set to the other and have it automatically merged. So each hand pose trigger will have two trigger (right and hand) automatically.

Is this possible in Ch? Or should we tell the developer to make it happen?

Thanks!

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eben,

I just did a test on one of my characters. If you have a left hand and right hand swap sets and you want the pose in each hand to react to one trigger, simply give each of the unique hand poses (both hand) the same "number" or "letter" in the Triggers Pannel. This works for me. My Trigger panel looks like this:

Capture.PNG

 Be well fellow puppeteer.  Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there brother in arm!

Platty, thank you for your concern. However, I did know that method. The problem with that method is, when you trigger both hands, it will be recorded as two triggers in the timeline. But if you make it as one trigger, well, of course there will be only one trigger in the timeline recorded.

My puppet is pretty complex, it has more than 50 triggers in total. So having 50 triggers activated in the timeline is messy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is an auto merge feature. You can submit feature requests in a separate area (is it linked from the app now too?) where others can vote for it as well. See the submit product feedback link at the bottom of the forum home page https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911317-character-animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there is already an auto-merge feature for triggers, it’s just well-hidden.

Let's say you have two swap sets and they both have some triggers with the same exact name (and possibly other non-matching triggers too). If you drag one swap set on top of the other, all the triggers from the first will be either added to or merged with the second. It merges when the trigger names match.

You can also merge individual triggers by dragging one on top of another (as opposed to swap set on swap set).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it is the name (e.g. you can "rename" them to match), not the key name or layer name that is used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines