• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

automated behavior speed

Explorer ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a 30 minute cartoon with Character Animator, which works great in general.  Some issues have cropped up that new features would fix, and I'll leave them here.  For all I know 100 others have too but it can't hurt.

1.  behavior speed.  Slowing down the record speed is great for precision; the trouble is that anything automated like the length of time a moved limb takes to reset or the speed at which pupils move when operated by keyboard speeds up as a result.  If you are recording at half speed, an arm set to take 1 second to return to its default position takes .5 instead. You can fix this in that case by setting the arm to take 2 seconds to reset, but other things like pupil speed don't have such controls, at least not readily obvious.  In any case since speeding up these things is clearly not the point of half-speed recording, the ability to have them take their proscribed amount of time regardless of record speed would be appreciated.  I am also curious if this affects cycle layers, i.e. does a 4-frame cycle only play 2 of its frames?  But I haven't had a chance to check yet.

2.  sort of a bonus request for a companion program, Illustrator.  It saves a lot of time in Character Animator to copy and paste layer sets.  For instance, duplicate the Left Quarter head and reflect it so it becomes the Right Quarter head.  Or copying mouth sets and manipulating them to be "angry," "happy," etc.  However when one does this, Illustrator adds the word "copy" to the name of every layer in the set.  It is tedious to go through every three-frame mouth position layer cycle, just for instance, and cut the word "copy" out of each layer name.  If there's a find and replace function to do this I can't find it.  I'm sure appending layer names with the word "copy" serves a legitimate purpose elsewhere, but now that Adobe itself makes another program that functionality actually makes more difficult to use, perhaps an option to not append layer names when copying would help.

Thanks...  Richard

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A workaround for #2 is cutting and pasting the layer set into a new document with 'paste remembers layers' checked, and then cutting and pasting the new layer set back into the original document.  The layer names show up without "copy" appended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines