Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automating Puppet Arm Movement?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am creating a simple video presentation for which I am using a puppet in Adobe Character Animator. The video is about 17 minutes long.

I have figured out how to automate the lip movement based on the audio, and I see the option to automate head movement (Which works, but is a little clunky, random eye movement, etc.). But I'm wondering if there is a way to automate the arm movement. Puppet is fully rigged and I'm using Limb IK.

I don't need the puppet to do anything crazy or specific, just some slight arm movement to make the character slightly more interactive. Is there an easy way to do this without recording myself moving my arms for 17 minutes?

Also, is there a way to improve the result from the automated head movement feature?

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alas, I have always done it the hard way using Motion Capture or dragging. There is a technique by which you can set a position and then extend it by dragging the timeline bar as far as you need it - changing a 2 frame pose into a 3-minute one. But then you will need to add additional poses an use the timeline blend to have the poses move seemlessly from one to another. @oksamurai explains this much better than I, but I will have to find the video where he covers it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines