Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autoswap Rig for Clothing?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Guides!

I am loving the auto swap feature for limbs and was wondering if there's a way to apply that feature to clothing? My IK legs keep appearing out from behind a dress when the character bends, as if the dress material doesn't stretch out over them. If there was a way to rig the dresses' layers to look a certain way when the puppet is in a certain position - that'd be sweet! Or even a draggable leader/follower setup that I can record seperately would work for me. I also tried using both the knee tags on the dress and it kind of gave me what I wanted, but then one of the knees started bending in the other direction 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: I am happy to watch a tutorial if you know of one - or even look at an example of another puppet that maybe someone else has made. I'm just slowly trying a bunch of different things and figured I'd ask for help in the meantime. I appreciate your knowledge 😃! Thank you!!

TOPICS
FAQ , Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha 😄 Commenting to say I figured it out -- can't figure out how to delete my question ^_^ Feel free to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines